No matter what your hair type, everyone needs conditioner. When it comes to hair, heat is the enemy, so regular conditioning is a must to keep hair healthy-looking while preventing and repairing the damage. Some people with exceptionally dry, damaged hair need more than their daily conditioner can deliver. That’s where deep conditioning treatments come to the rescue, and our Michael Thomas Hair Design stylists are ready to help.
The first step is a personalized homecare “prescription” for your hair, designed by our professional stylists. Everyone’s hair is different, so it’s important to use the right deep conditioner. Our professional stylists will assess your hair’s individual needs and choose a homecare regimen using Redken® or Pureology® professional products. Your home care plan will be based on several factors, including your hair type, texture, and density, chemical treatments or services performed, your lifestyle, and more. In most cases, you’ll deep condition at home once a week with the selected product, as well as continue with daily conditioning and conditioning each time you shampoo.
When deep conditioning at home isn’t enough to tame the frizz and moisturize, the next step is in-salon treatments. Our stylists may recommend one or more of the following treatments to get your hair in its best condition possible.
- Redken® Chemistry Shot Extreme Deep Treatment. Especially effective treatment for distressed hair or before, during, or after coloring or chemical treatment, this formula injects a powerful shot of protein, with 18-MEA to restore and resurface the cuticle and ceremide to penetrate the cuticle and restore the structure. The result is dramatically softer, healthier-looking
- Redken® CAT Treatment. An extreme strengthening treatment that reconstructs and conditions hair to build strength without adding weight, preventing damage like split ends and breakage.
- Redken® Pre Art Clarifying Treatment. This in-salon-only treatment provides a powerful detox treatment that clarifies, removes excess product build-up, copper, and iron deposits on the hair, and equalizes your hair’s porosity, which is especially helpful before coloring for an even shade. This treatment is removed with Redken® Hair Cleansing Cream, which removes any build-up from the hair.
- Steam Infusion. If you flat iron your style, a steam infusion is the way to go. Instead of dry heat, steam infusion uses moisturizing steam to straighten while infusing Redken® conditioning treatments for the softest, frizz-free look ever.
- Heatcure. Redken’s Heatcure is a professional, in-salon restorative treatment that penetrates deep into the cortex to create results that last for as many as ten washes. Redken’s Heatcure Self-Heating Mask is a home treatment to use in between salon visits to help your results last even longer.
- Pureology® Superfood Treatment. Perfect for dry and color-treated hair, this effective hydrating treatment uses natural ingredients like coconut and avocado oils to soften and moisturize your hair.
- Olaplex. This treatment repairs damaged hair by restoring broken bonds to restore and protect hair from further damage.
In addition to following your personalized haircare plan, it’s important to remember a few important tips to prevent drying and damage.
- Leave-in conditioner. Use a professional leave-in conditioner every time you shampoo to restore natural moisture. Our stylists can recommend the perfect leave-in product for your hair type and texture.
- Thermal heat protectant. Heated styling tools can reach temperatures as high as 450 degrees Fahrenheit. For comparison, water boils at 212 degrees, so that means your hair can be easily scorched by your blow dryer or flat iron. Avoid this damage by applying a professional thermal heat protector product before styling.
- Shower heat. The heat of the shower can also cause over-drying, so dial back the heat a bit and rinse your hair in warm, not hot, water.
With a little TLC, your hair can be soft, healthy-looking, and manageable, and our stylists are here to help! Make an appointment today at Michael Thomas Hair Design and our professional stylists will get you started on the perfect in-salon and home treatment plan for your hair. Visit us at either of our two salon locations, at Carillon Place at 5032 Airport Pulling Road, or at Crossroads Vineyard at 6025 Pine Ridge Road, both in Naples, FL, or call 239-430-2800 to schedule an appointment at either of our locations. For fun, exclusive rewards, download our mobile rewards app for free on iTunes or Google Play.